One Saturday evening in 1956 Charlie Cooper took his two boys (Denny & Bobby) to a local Bowling Center. Once again they were put on a waiting list for an open lane. Charlie said that day, "this is the business to be in". He was working for the Anderson Fire Department and moon lighted as an electrician when he took the chance of a lifetime and began what is today known as Cooper's Sport Bowl, Inc.
The first Bowling Center was built in 1959 by Charles Cooper on the south side of 53rd street in Anderson. Charlie decided in 1967 to expand the business into Hamilton County and started with a 12 lane center on 10th street in Noblesville. This facility was later remodeled and a snack bar, pro shop and 12 additional lanes were added.
In the early 1980's Charlie and his two sons, Dennis and Bobby Cooper, relocated Stardust Bowl to its existing location on Westfield Road. The Bowling Center opened in 1985 with 32 lanes of bowling, a pro shop, nursery, banquet facility upstairs and a fine dining restaurant named Whispers.
Cooper's Stardust Bowl was again remodeled in 2004. A large redemption arcade was added named Gone Bananas. Hamilton County's only indoor glow-in-the-dark Miniature Golf was added in the upstairs of the facility. The restaurant was also remodeled with a modern design featuring pool, darts, stage and several flat screen televisions and named Stardust Pub & Grub.
Cooper's Stardsut Bowl has been family owned since the beginning with the 3rd generation now overseeing the operation. With the continued support of our Valued Customers, we will continue to be a leader in the Bowling Industry